Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I ♥ Your Style: Alexa Chung in leopard

People always talk about leopard like it's a trend, but I consider it a classic. There is never a season when I am not in the mood to wear a bit of leopard. I used to look at Kate Moss for leopard inspiration, and she does rock a leopard coat like no one else, but recently Alexa Chung has been almost non-stop in her love of leopard on almost any item you can out on your body. I'm surprised we haven't seen her in leopard sunglasses yet! And she always gets it just right. To wear leopard in a chic way you almost have to think your outfit is a little too subdued, verging even on boring, and then you put the bit of leopard into the mix - a belt, pair of shoes, bag or hat - and suddenly poof! your whole outfit makes sense. The other way to approach leopard is to wear a big swath of it - a dress, coat or tunic - and then understate everything else - simple black pumps, shades and bag will do the trick. Like the rest of the fashion world, I'm really in awe of all of Alexa Chung's style statements but it's her love of leopard and how she wears it that really stands out for me.


4 comments:

  1. I agree that Leopard is not a trend but a classic. My favorite animal print accents are in home design as well. Enjoying your blog! Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. leapord...totally classic...in the less is more sense. I tend to wear my top shop leopard coat with jeans and brogues, white shirt, denim hot pants and brogues (socks/tights) and canvas LL bean tote....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really noticed how much leopard she wears but I love the way she uses it as slight accents. Love your blog and love your book!

    http://grey-buzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE HER!!!!! she is so gorgeous in everything she wears- its like everyday theres another ingenious outfit i know I would kill for.... how does she do it?!?!

    ReplyDelete