Friday, January 7, 2011

I ♥ Your Wedding Style: Audrey Hepburn

Two of my favorite wedding dresses ever were worn by the same woman: Audrey Hepburn. At her first wedding to Mel Ferrer in 1954 she wore a tea length Balmain dress with a stunning crown of roses around her head (I would copy the rose crown years later for the Met Ball)Her look was young, romantic and feminine - a true first time bride. Fifteen years later when she married Andrea Dotti, she was equally as chic in a 60's minidress and matching headscarf - but more grown up and subdued this time. I love looking at women in their wedding dresses - it's the ultimate expression of personal style. In fact, I'd like to write a book about wedding style. Stay tuned.....


Left to right  Audrey Hepburn with Mel Ferrer (1954) and Andrea Dotti (1969)

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I know exactly what you mean about wedding dresses reflecting personal style...so true. I especially love rose crowns on flower girls...I wore one myself in a wedding when I was eight. Looking forward to a book on wedding style :) Have a nice weekend!

    xo Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for some good size pictures of Audrey marrying Mel Ferrer, but here I found good size pictures of both her wedding dresses! Thanks heaps, I have used it here on my blog (it clicks through to this post): http://themed-dreams.tumblr.com/post/11267189944
    Thanks again! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognise that image!..... Audrey Forever! :)
    http://chicvintagebrides.com/index.php/style-icon/sunday-style-icon-audrey-hepburn/

    ReplyDelete