Tuesday, May 15, 2012

These boots are made for riding

It was my birthday last Sunday, and in anticipation of our year in England, my husband gave me a pair of custom-made riding boots. I ride almost every day when we're in England - its my favorite way to spend time with our kids, and it keeps both me and the horse in shape. So yesterday I went to E.Vogel on Howard Street to choose a style and get measured. I first thought I'd like classic black ones with the brown band around the top, until my husband explained that those are fox hunting boots, and as we are going to be in the middle of fox hunting country I'd look like a fool to wear them if I'm not a member of the hunt. Then I liked the polo boots, but I'm not a polo player either. Finally I was debating between a very simple and chic black pair with almost no detail at all, or a lace-up field boot with three buckles on the shaft. If I were buying boots off the rack I think I would have chosen the simple pair, but as these are custom boots I thought it fitting to choose the pair that are the most unique and intricately designed. I loved the richness of the brown leather, but felt the old-school design would look a bit less precious in black. Now I just have to wait 14 weeks for them to be made. I know it will be worth it.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's gorgeous.

    http://aspiringforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful boot. I am just starting to ride. I will put this on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I walk past this store when I grab lunch at Smile to Go; I have always wanted to wander in (or at least take a closer peek) but usually don't have the time to check it out. I love the boots you chose -- thanks for blogging about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A custom fit is the way to go. The off the shelf never sit right on my anymore. Just found your blog - adorable. I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete