Monday, June 18, 2012

Last day in New York

This is what moving to a foreign country looks like. It is not glamorous. It is not fun. There is nothing sane about it. They say that death, divorce and moving are the three most traumatic human experiences. They are not kidding. You may think that the below pictures were taken weeks ago when the packing was just getting going. No. They were taken this morning! And yes, we are leaving tomorrow! Did I just start packing this week? NO! I have been packing for a month straight! How am I going to get this all done? I'll probably pull an all-nighter. What does one even take for an all-nighter these days? I haven't had to stay up all night since the days of no-doze....do they even sell that stuff anymore?










Ginger is the only one not pulling her hair out....


10 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I've moved internationally twice in the past 5 years and it's not easy, but it's been worth it just to experience new cultures and if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't change a thing! Safe travels! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. If I lived next door, I'd be there to help you out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got stress just looking at! Good luck and good sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try to channel Ginger a little bit! This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..amen, this too shall pass..it's be GREAT once you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog makes for a wonderful read and the photos help for a time travel and bring a god sense of nostalgia. Keep strong and enjoy your stay in England.While in England hop over to Greece .It's my country and a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy shizz that's a mess. looks like you're packing for longer than a one year sojourn.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck.

    My move from L.A. to Rome was stressful. Unpacking wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how candid you are. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete