Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Printed Matter: Chanel Cocomaton

One of my most treasured finds on a recent trip to the Marche Aux Puces (flea market) in Paris was a full book of the Chanel "Cocomaton" ads. I loved these ads, styled by Carine Roitfeld and shot by Karl Lagerfeld, when they came out in the magazines in the fall of 2011. The photo booth idea is brilliant, the styling is so Chanel, yet seems so personal. This is Carine at her very best - super sexy but in a friendly, playful way. You can imagine how thrilled I was to find a book devoted to the whole series - a future collector's item for sure.













3 comments:

  1. CR is amazing, but I can watch Alt's Wham! video time and again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like so much the contrast between the paisley background and the very strong images.
    Thank you for your daily inspiration

    Cecilia
    www.modeskine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete