Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I ♥ Your Style: Hope Atherton

With 6 days to go until we move to England, I have been consumed by packing. But going through ten years of, well, stuff, in my apartment has produced some long forgotten treasures like these pictures of artist Hope Atherton and her loft that were taken for I Love Your Style many years ago now. The portrait of Hope made it into the book, but I'm looking at the photos of her favorite clothes hung out for me to see on my visit, and I can't believe I didn't find a way to fit in. I especially love the piece of worn green leather that she credits with "inspiring her whole style." Oh well, such is publishing - editing, editing, editing. Anyway, I love the completeness and originality of her boho-meets-goth-meets-Miss Havisham style and how it manifests itself in every nook and cranny of her life and her art. She's the real deal.








2 comments:

  1. Decadent Elegance...Lush.

    I wonder if she is the lost child of JAMESPLUMB
    www.jamesplumb.co.uk

    So happy for the rebirth of "I Love Your Style"!

    xxgisela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great space there! You should do a volume 2 of I Love your Style - there's always some new, or forgotten, fabulousness to find!

    ReplyDelete